Saturday, October 29, 2011

Play Chess Drunk


- Include a scene in which two characters play chess while drunk.

+ If this takes place in a bar, club, or other place that people tend to go explicitly to get drunk.

++ If no one else in said establishment considers this odd.

+++ If they still play correctly.

+++ + and muffins of questionable quality - if one or both characters try to philosophize about the game and fail horribly.



This dare was posted on the NaNoWriMo forums for free use in your NaNoWriMo novel. I have compiled them all on this website, but I have not created them. While the original thread from which these dares have been taken may have been deleted for the yearly forum wipe, you can find the NaNo Dares thread(s) at http://nanowrimo.org, in the Reaching 50,000 forum.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely used this last year, but only got to +++. They philosophized about why they liked each other and why one of them had soft hair. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly have no idea how one could philosophize during a chess game... which is probably why the 'drunk' bit is in there. I think it definitely counts, but you won't be getting the muffins, unfortunately. That's only for people who followed the guidelines exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn. Well, it saved their relationship, so that's good enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I...actually have a scene planned where two of my characters do this sober. And I had a link that went into the symbolism of chess. I lost it, though, so I may have to make them drunk..

    ReplyDelete